Polished Concrete Flooring Richmond Hill
Polished Concrete Flooring Richmond Hill
While concrete flooring used to be synonymous with only garages and workshops, recent years has seen it surge as an interior trend too. A symbol of modern interior design as well as being fantastic for commercial and business purposes, polished concrete flooring has multifaceted aspects ideal for all purposes. If you’re after polished concrete flooring Richmond Hill, whether to do up a concrete floor that is already there or as an addition to a home or business, you might be wondering what this entails and what the benefits are. We explore just why it’s such an effortless choice and what the process of having a concrete floor fitted entails.
What is a polished floor?
If you find yourself wondering about Polished Concrete Near me Richmond Hill, there are many reasons for this. It could be that you have concrete flooring already that’s in need of a touch up, or maybe you’ve seen the trend and want to try it for yourself. While you might know of polished concrete floors, you could be wondering just what it entails. Simply put, polished concrete flooring is a floor made from concrete that’s either raw or coloured and has been treated and sealed for a shiny, hard-wearing and industrial style finish.
How is a polished floor fitted?
When having a polished concrete floor fitted – or an existing one polished up, you’ll need a professional to come and do this for you. They will have all the necessary equipment and be able to get it done to the highest standard. Here at Polished Flooring we are experts in polished concrete and have been doing it for over twenty years. The process for fitting a polished floor involves:
- If concrete is already there, this will be cleaned. If not, the slabs will be laid down ready to be ground down and polished.
- Once this has been done, grinding and levelling out the floor is the first main step in the process. This involves using diamond-polishing tools to reveal the aggregate beneath the concrete and gives the best base for the flooring.
- If you have any customisations to be done to the concrete floor, this is done now. You could choose to add in extra stones, different colours or even certain patterns depending on your taste and requirements.
- Once the flooring has been found down, even finer diamond grits will be used to refine the surface of the floor repeatedly until the desired level of smoothness is achieved.
- To ensure the flooring keeps its shine the flooring will then go through a process of densification and sealing. A concrete densifier will be applied to harden and densify the concrete and ensure no water can get in and that it’s resistant to wear, tear and scratches. It will then have a sealer applied to offer an additional level of protection and make sure it looks its best.
- To keep your polished concrete flooring in top condition it required minimal maintenance. You simply need to sweep it clean and occasionally use a damp mop for tougher stains.
Why get a polished concrete floor?
When you’re after polished concrete flooring Richmond Hill, you might know some of the benefits, but there’s likely more than you might think.
Polished concrete flooring is highly durable
Polished concrete is one of the most hard-wearing and durable flooring types you could opt for. If you’re looking for something that can withstand the test of time and still look as good as new, this is the type to opt for. Not only can it withstand things such as water damage, but also scratches and general wear. If you have a space with a lot of foot traffic such as a shop or business floor, a kitchen or a garage, you don’t need to worry about it getting wrecked and constantly needing replacing.
It’s cost effective
When you have a flooring that’s not so withstanding as concrete, you need to get it fixed, repaired and replaced a lot more often. Getting someone else to repair it and get the parts it can soon add up cost-wise, let alone needing to replace it sooner than you would do otherwise. By opting for concrete flooring you don’t need to worry about it becoming damaged and needing fixing all the time, thus saving you money and time too.
You can customise it to your taste
Some people are under the impression that because you’ve opted for concrete flooring it has to look one certain way, when this isn’t the case. Instead, you can customise the colours and finish exactly how you want it. This means you get the flexibility and freedom to design it how you want it. With concrete being so timeless, it won’t go out of style and is easy to design the rest of the room around it.
It’s better for the environment
Polished concrete tends to be considered more environmentally friendly as it makes the most of concrete that you already have in place meaning you don’t need to get additional items in. You don’t need to worry about buying tiles or carpet and getting deliveries for these. Also, because it’s so hard-wearing you won’t need to replace the floor as often which is better for the environment too.
Why choose us for polished concrete flooring Richmond Hill?
When looking for polished concrete flooring in Richmond Hill, look no further. We’re not only highly experienced in the field, but we’re also highly committed and passionate about what we do. We can speak to you and find out exactly what you’re looking for to get the most from your space and bring your vision to life. Get in touch with us today and we can answer any questions you might have and get started on your project. For concrete floor polishing Richmond Hill we won’t let you down.
Are You Ready To Build New Project With Us?
When you work with us, you can rest assured that you’re in safe hands: We’ll work with you to get a firm understanding of your requirements and then complete the task with the utmost professionalism that causes as little disruption to your everyday activities as possible. Once we’re done, you’ll have the perfect polished concrete floor that stands the test of time.