Epoxy Flooring Markham
Epoxy Flooring Markham
There is no doubting the increasing popularity of epoxy flooring in both commercial and residential environments, with its durability and ease of maintenance along with the undoubted esthetic appeal all being driving reasons for this increase. At Concrete Construction we’re every bit as excited about epoxy floor installation as our customers, because we know that every installation brings endless benefits to the area where it is placed, and the more people see it, the more they like it. In Markham and beyond, a growing audience is becoming ever more convinced of the positive benefits of the material and its versatility. Read on to understand more about why epoxy floor contractors could help you.
Benefits of epoxy flooring
- Durability and Strength. The durability of epoxy flooring is unmatched by other materials and this sets it apart from all other options. With an epoxy resin mixture applied over a concrete bed, a unique chemical reaction will follow, resulting in a hardened, durable finish. This ensures that epoxy floors are sturdy enough tro deal with the wear-and-tear of areas which have high foot traffic and even heavy machinery; an epoxy garage floor is a sensible choice. While other materials may be prone to chip or develop cracks, epoxy remains unmarked, ensuring a long-lasting, low-maintenance finish.
- Aesthetics. As well as delivering a significantly functional finish, epoxy floor contractors will offer you a blank canvas for a floor that looks great too. There is an almost endless selection of colors, patterns and designs that can be tailored to the specific tastes of homeowners and business managers. Whether you want a sleek, uncomplicated finish or a vibrant, colorful pattern, epoxy flooring will give you the option to realize your own creative vision.
- Maintenance. Tiled finishes look fantastic and they can be ideal for some purposes, but when you use most floor coverings, you end up with grout lines or crevices where dirt and bacteria can hide itself away. So if you are trying to keep a clean kitchen or running a medical facility where sterility is essential, epoxy floor installation is the smartest choice every time.
Considerations for epoxy flooring
While epoxy flooring is the correct choice for so many situations, it is important to understand the nuances of how to keep it looking and working as it should. This means that it is beneficial to keep the following considerations in mind:
- Sensitivity to sunlight: There is barely a material on the planet that does not react to being exposed to direct sunlight over a prolonged period. This won’t affect its effectiveness, but it can lead to discoloration and loss of pigmentation. If you’re hiring epoxy floor contractors for a job in an area which gets a lot of direct sunlight, consider shades or blinds, and potentially area rugs to limit the exposure and ensure longevity of the design.
- Installation expertise: The process of installing epoxy flooring may seem straightforward, but it is advised that you leave it to the professionals when it comes to getting the finish you want and need. There are so many factors to consider, including the correct preparation of surfaces and the mixing ratio of the resin. Mistakes made during installation will only become more obvious over time, with bubbles and uneven surfaces among the issues that can result from imperfect installation.
- Pricing: It is worth being aware that epoxy floor installation is more expensive than some more conventional options. This is just a fact, but it should not be off-putting as the initial upfront cost is more than made up for by the durability and vastly reduced maintenance costs. Epoxy flooring can also increase property value and for these reasons, it is a cost-effective choice even when you take into account the higher initial cost.
Versatility of epoxy flooring
Whether it is the lobby of a retail store, the floor of a kindergarten classroom, or an epoxy garage floor, the benefits of epoxy flooring are clear in a range of settings. Its resistance to oil staining, durability against spills of all kinds and its hard-wearing consistency mean that it will stand against damage and discoloration for longer than anything else. It’s rare to find a product that is the best from both an esthetic and a durability point of view, but epoxy resin does live up to that stern challenge.
With top scores in durability, esthetics and versatility, epoxy is the ultimate modern flooring solution. If you have a space you’re considering revamping, or are putting the ground work down on a new project, consider an epoxy floor installation and you won’t be disappointed.
Are You Ready To Build New Project With Us?
When you work with us, you can rest assured that you’re in safe hands: We’ll work with you to get a firm understanding of your requirements and then complete the task with the utmost professionalism that causes as little disruption to your everyday activities as possible. Once we’re done, you’ll have the perfect polished concrete floor that stands the test of time.